Look no further than our mixed cheese cigars! These crunchy bites are filled with warm, melted cheese, making them the perfect mouthful for any occasion. The addition of peach vinegar adds a sweet and tangy tartness that perfectly complements the savoury cheese filling. Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply looking for a quick and tasty snack, our mixed cheese cigars are sure to hit the spot.
180g feta, crumbled
1 cup grated mozzarella
1 cup grated parmesan
12 sheets 20cm spring roll wrappers
1 egg, lightly beaten
Smoked paprika powder, to dust
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 firm yellow peach, finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped chives and dill
1 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- Mix to combine the cheeses and season with pepper. Lay the spring roll wrappers onto a clean surface. Working with one a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the edge of one spring roll wrapper. Start rolling the wrapper until you reach halfway. Fold the two opposite ends in to enclose and continue to roll, sealing the ends with a little egg.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Refrigerate until needed, loosely wrapped in a clean, damp tea towel.
- To make the peach vinegar, combine the vinegar, ¼ cup water, honey, 1 tsp sea salt flakes and fennel seeds in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Take off the heat. Add the peach pieces and set aside to pickle. Add the herbs and orange blossom, and set aside to cool.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with oil. Place over medium heat until oil reaches 180°C on a deep frying thermometer.
- Cook the cigars for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Dust with paprika and serve with vinegar.
Cigars can be made 1-2 days ahead, rolled, and refrigerated loosely covered until needed.