- 150g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp chopped crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt flakes, plus extra to serve
- 400g mixed beans (we used roman, sugar snap, butter and regular beans), trimmed and steamed
- Place the butter, chilli, pecans, ginger, paprika and salt in a medium bowl and mix well to combine. Spoon onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and roll into a log, twisting the ends to close. Refrigerate until cold.
- Cook beans in salted boiling water for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and place on a platter. While the beans are hot, slice the butter and toss in the beans. Serve sprinkled with salt.
You can keep extra butter wrapped and refrigerated for up to two weeks.