A deliciously zesty salsa is a great topping to have on hand in summer whether you’re adding it to salmon or chicken for dinner or even having for brekkie on eggs and sourdough. Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes are great for this as each variety of tomato in the punnet brings different depth of flavour to the salsa – yum.
Mix-a-Mato® Tomato Salsa on Salmon
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 middle piece of salmon, skin off
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking Cooked rice, for serving
- 1 cup Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes, quartered
- 1 spring onion stalk, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
How to make Mix-a-Mato® Tomato Salsa on Salmon:
- Coat salmon in a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a small non-stick pan with a splash of olive oil over a medium high heat. Cook salmon on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile to create the Mix-a-mato® salsa, add fresh tomatoes (a blend of the varieties from the Mix-a-Mato® punnet for different flavours), spring onion, coriander, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix well. Taste and season accordingly.
- Once salmon is cooked, place on a bed of rice and top with the Mix-a-Mato® salsa.