Transport your tastebuds to Japan with this tasty Miso Salmon with Green Tea Noodle Salad Recipe. So simple to create it will become a new weeknight favourite.
Miso Salmon with Green Tea Noodle Salad Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1½ tbsp mirin
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 450g edamame beans
- 200g green tea soba noodles
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends
- trimmed, sliced into ribbons
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- pickled ginger, to serve
1. Combine miso, mirin and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Add salmon and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook edamame in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh under cold running water, drain well. Peel and place in a bowl.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Add to bowl with edamame and add spring onions.
4. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Add to noodles and toss.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or as desired. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest.
6. Divide noodle mixture into serving bowls. Top with salmon and serve with pickled ginger.
Love salmon? Try our Salmon, Potato & Dill Soup With Pickled Cucumber Open Sandwiches for another delicious mid-week meal.