Melon Salad with Spiced Vanilla Syrup & Vegan Tofu Cream. A simple summer dessert.
Melon Salad with Spiced Vanilla Syrup & Vegan Tofu Cream Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 large honeydew melon
- 1 large rockmelon
Vanilla Syrup Recipe
- 11⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 2-3cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2-3 long pieces orange zest
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
Tofu Cream Recipe
- 900g silken tofu (pat dry with paper towel)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
How to make our Melon Salad with Spiced Vanilla Syrup & Vegan Tofu Cream Recipe
1. To make syrup, place sugar into a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Add ginger, zest and vanilla bean and seeds. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until syrup has thickened. Let cool, but leave the ginger, zest and bean to infuse. Remove before serving.
2. To make the tofu cream, place tofu, maple syrup, ginger, juice, zest and vanilla bean paste in a small food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, store in the fridge to chill and thicken.
3. Cut fruit into 2-3cm pieces, or use a melon baller to create balls. To serve, place the tofu cream into the base of eight glasses. Top with fruit and syrup.
For another sweet vegan recipe try our Acai and Coconut Chia Breakfast Bowls Recipe.