For an easy appetiser try this tasty Prawn & Peanut Larb recipe.
See related: 13 Healthy Dinner Recipes For The Week
Prawn & Peanut Larb Recipe: Ingredients
[Serves 4 – as an appetiser]
- 200g peeled cooked prawns, de-veined and finely sliced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp kaffir lime zest
- 2 tbsp kaffir lime leaf, very finely sliced
- 2 birdseye chillies, finely chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 coriander roots, finely minced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 3–5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 8 betel leaves or iceberg lettuce cups
- 2 tbsp salmon caviar
- 2 tbsp slow-roasted jasmine rice, finely ground
- 2 tbsp crispy fried shallots (available from most Asian stores)
Prawn & Peanut Larb Recipe: Method
Step one: To make larb, in a large bowl combine prawns, lime juice, kaffir lime zest and leaf, chilli, lemongrass, coriander root and leaves, shallot, fish sauce, sugar, basil and peanuts. Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour. Taste and re-season with more fish sauce and lime juice if necessary.
Step two: To serve, spoon larb onto betel leaves or lettuce cups and top with a spoonful of caviar, rice and fried shallots.
Try this tasty Easy Vietnamese Beef Pho Recipe too!