A fantastic fusion of Asian flavours, this lemongrass pork skewers with coconut rice is a dish that is simply too irresistible. Mix up your mid-week meals and try this tasty recipe.
Lemongrass Pork Skewers With Coconut Rice Recipe: Ingredients
- 900g pork fillet, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 coriander roots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, pale section only, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cooking oil spray
- Pan-fried bok choy, to serve
- Coriander or micro herbs, to garnish
Coconut Rice Recipe
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Thin slices fresh coconut, to garnish (optional)
1. Place pork in a large glass bowl. Add sugar, coriander roots, garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce, sesame oil and soy. Combine well and cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to marinate. Thread meat onto 12 x 25cm skewers.
2. To make coconut rice, wash rice in several changes of cold water until it runs clear. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Stir in coconut milk, salt and 1 3/4 cups water. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and place over a medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over a medium heat. Spray skewers with cooking oil and grill, turning, for 10-12 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
4. Top coconut rice with coconut slices, if using. Serve with skewers, bok choy, garnished with coriander or micro herbs.