With a desire to make everyone feel confident about cooking red meat well, Silver Fern Farms has put together 12 Sure Fire Tips to help you master the art of cooking red meat to perfection. Armed with these handy hints, and this delicious seasonal recipe heroing the succulent flavours of the grass-fed sweet and succulent Silver Fern Farms Lamb Loin Fillets.
Silver Fern Farms Lamb Mezze Platter with Couscous Salad & Grilled Vegetables
1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Loin Fillets
1 tbsp unsweetened Greek yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp tomato paste
½ tsp thyme leaves
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
6 pita breads, cut into quarters
Store-bought chargrilled marinated vegetables
Olives, to serve
Radishes, to serve
For the couscous salad
1 cup couscous
3 tsp salt
¼ cup olive oil + 1 extra tbsp
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup cucumber, sliced
¼ red onion, sliced
¼ cup Greek olives ¼ cup mint, chopped ¼ cup parsley, chopped, to serve
- Combine the yoghurt, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a marinade. Rub the marinade over the Lamb Loin Fillets and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- In the meantime, put the couscous, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large glass jar. Add 1 cup of boiling water to the jar, mix with a fork and close it with a lid. Rest for 10 minutes. Tip the couscous into a bowl, add the butter, fluff the couscous with a fork and rest until cold.
- To make the dressing, mix the rest of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and herbs to the couscous, pour the dressing over the top, and stir with a fork.
- Remove the Lamb Loin Fillets from the fridge and bloom at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat a skillet pan to medium-high heat and cook following the instructions on pack. Rest for 5 minutes and slice across the grain.
- Serve on a platter with the couscous salad, pita bread, chargrilled vegetables, hummus, tzatziki, olives and radishes.
SURE FIRE TIP #6
Meat this good shouldn’t be crowded. Give each of the Lamb Loin Fillets enough space so they can cook evenly.
SURE FIRE TIP #9
If you want to get a little extra flavour, baste the leftover marinade on the Lamb Loin Fillets while cooking.
Find out what it takes to cook red meat to perfection. For more Sure Fire Tips, visit silverfernfarms.com
SILVER FERN FARMS LAMB LOIN FILLETS
Succulent Silver Fern Farms Lamb Loin Fillets are full of flavour. You’ll enjoy a supremely tender cut of grass-fed lamb with a delicate texture and subtle sweetness.