4 Silver Fern Farms Lamb and Kawakawa Herb Burgers
Olive oil, for brushing
4 burger buns, split in half and toasted
Crispy shallots, to serve
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp grated palm sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
4 slices fresh pineapple
1 cup thinly sliced red or green cabbage (or a mixture)
1 small carrot, julienned
2 spring onions, sliced
¼ cup chopped coriander
¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise
2 tsp wasabi or to taste
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Lamb and Kawakawa Herb Burgers from the fridge and allow to bloom for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- To prepare caramelised pineapple, combine the lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pineapple, stir to coat then set aside to marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- To prepare the slaw, place the red or green cabbage, carrot, spring onions and coriander in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the Japanese mayonnaise, wasabi, lime zest and juice.
- Preheat a barbecue on high. Brush the burgers with a little olive oil then cook for 31/2 minutes each side, or until cooked through (cook for 4 minutes each side if cooking on the stovetop). Barbecue, chargrill or pan-fry the pineapple for 3-4 minutes until it is golden and tender, turning frequently.
- To serve, combine the slaw and dressing. Place a burger onto each toasted bun base. Top with a slice of grilled pineapple and some slaw. Sprinkle with crispy shallots and top with a toasted bun top.