4 Silver Fern Farms Beef and Horopito Pepper Burgers
Olive oil, for brushing and frying
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp American mustard
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
4 burger buns, split in half and toasted
Iceberg lettuce leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef and Horopito Pepper Burgers from the fridge and allow to bloom for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- To make the burger sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste, then set aside while you prepare the burgers.
- Preheat a barbecue on high. Brush the burgers with a little olive oil then cook for 31/2 minutes each side, or until cooked through (cook for 4 minutes each side if cooking on the stovetop). Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Cook eggs in a little olive oil on the flat plate of the barbecue or in a frying pan, and fry sunny-side up for 4-6 minutes or until done to your liking.
- To serve, spread some of the burger sauce onto each toasted bun base. Add burger, onion, ketchup then a fried egg. Add lettuce leaves, 2 slices of tomato, and beetroot slices. Spread more burger sauce on the underside of the bun top and place on top of the burger.