Full of green goodness, this Kale and Beluga Lentil Salad with Orange Miso Dressing Recipe is a nutrient-dense dish that’s packed with flavour.
See related: 13 Healthy Dinner Recipes For The Week
Kale and Beluga Lentil Salad with Orange Miso Dressing Recipe: Ingredients
[Serves 4 – as a side]
- ½ cup black beluga lentils, soaked for 12 hours, drained and rinsed
- 4 large kale leaves, stalks removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice
- 10 brussels sprouts, shredded thinly
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 large orange, juice only (approximately ⅓ cup juice)
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger root
How to make our Kale and Beluga Lentil Salad with Orange Miso Dressing Recipe
1. Place lentils in a saucepan. Cover with 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain through a sieve and season. Set aside to cool. Remove the stalks from the kale and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place in a large bowl and add the oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Massage the leaves with fingers for several minutes to soften the leaves. Spread on a large salad platter. Scatter over the brussels sprouts. Top with the cool lentils and garnish with hazelnuts.
3. Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Drizzle over salad and serve.
See also: You’ll love this Easy Vietnamese Beef Pho Recipe.