Winner of the best Nationally Available Australian Ham in the Australian PorkMark Ham Awards, D’Orsogna Jarrah Honey Leg Ham made with 100% Australian Pork is available freshly sliced nationwide at your local Woolworths Deli counter.
80-100g D’Orsogna Jarrah Honey Leg Ham
1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
1 brown onion, sliced
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp crushed pepper
1 whole garlic, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup spring onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock
2-3 sprigs thyme
1 cup thickened cream
¼ cup parmesan, grated
2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place cauliflower florets, salt, pepper, brown onion, garlic, half of the ham slices (roughly torn into small pieces) and olive oil in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. The rest of the ham can be diced into 1cm dices and reserve for use later.
2. Once mixed well, transfer the contents of the bowl on a grease proof oven tray, brush with olive oil and bake for 15 mins or until contents are well roasted and golden brown in colour.
3. In the meantime, place a shallow pan over medium heat, drizzle some olive oil and sauté the sliced spring onion.
4. Next, add the reserved diced ham and sauté further till the ham caramelises and keep aside to garnish the soup for serving.
5. Transfer the roasted contents from the oven tray to a large cooking pot, add thyme and chicken stock. Bring it up to a boil and let it simmer for 6 mins.
6. Add cream and simmer for another 5 mins then add butter, grated parmesan and seasoning. Next, use a stick blender to blend the soup to a thick, smooth and creamy consistency.
7. Dish out the soup in a soup bowl and garnish with the sautéed ham and spring onion mixture.
For more on the quality hams, bacon and continental Craft Meats by D’Orsogna, click here.