This Italian Sausage & Broccoli-Rabe Pesto Pasta Recipe takes a pantry staple, pesto, and transforms it into a quick and easy Italian-inspired weeknight meal.
Italian Sausage & Broccoli-Rabe Pesto Pasta Recipe
1 bunch (300g) broccoli rabe, stems trimmed
1 cup basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra
1 cup parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
4 Italian sausages, skin removed, cut into chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
- Blanch broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, drain, and squeeze out excess water.
- Place broccoli, basil, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Gradually add ¼ cup olive oil and process until combined. Stir in parmesan and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, nonstick frying pan. Add sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add onion and cook for another 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Add pasta to pan with broccoli pesto; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and serve.