For the salad:
- 200g halloumi, sliced 5mm thick
- Olive oil for cooking
- 250g baby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 3 handfuls (80g) rocket
- 200g petite tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 lemon
- 20g nut and spice dukkah
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp dill
To make the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients into a small jar, place the lid on and shake well. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Warm up a heavy base fry pan (cast iron is ideal) to medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the sliced halloumi, once a nice golden colour develops gently flip over and grill the other side. Remove from the heat and squeeze over half a lemon, set aside. This may need to be done in batches depending on how much liquid comes out of the cheese.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rocket, shaved fennel, sliced cucumber and petite tomatoes. Pour over half of the dressing and toss through to evenly coat.
- Slice the avocado into wedges, squeeze over half of a lemon to prevent them from browning. Pour the nut and spice dukkah out onto a flat plate. Gently lay one avocado wedge at a time into the dukkah to coat one side of the wedge. Repeat the process for the remainder of the avocado wedges.
- Serve the salad onto a large platter, add the halloumi followed by arranging the dukkah crumbed avocado wedges over the top. Pour over the remainder of the dressing and serve straight away.