Recipe Serves 6 people.
· 15ml Olive Oi
· 2 medium Spanish onions peeled and finely chopped
· 500g x Grasslands beef (corse grind)
· 1 teaspoon table salt
· 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
· 1 free range egg
· 20g freshly grated parmesan cheese
For The Spicy Mayo
· 2 teaspoons low fat mayonnaise, optional made with free range eggs
· 2 teaspoons fat free natural yogurt
· 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
· 1 pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
· Juice of ½ lemon
· 6 rashes of fresh bacon rind off
· 6 x 6 small 8-inch Brioche Buns
· 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves washed
· 4 vine ripened tomatoes sliced
· 6 gherkins, sliced thinly
Place the olive oil in a fry large frying pan on a low heat and add your chopped onions, fry for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened. Then put as side to cool. Put the cooled onions into a large bowl with the rest of the slider ingredients. Use Clean hands to scrunch the mixture together and bind well. Then divide the mix into 6 equal balls for burgers and 18 equal balls for sliders.
Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger shaped patties about 2cm thick. Place your sliders on an oiled baking tray and lightly flattened by pressing down with your hands. Cover them with cling film and put the tray into the fridge for at least one hour or until the patties firm up. This is now a good time to make your spicy mayo, so place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well and place to one side.
If using a frying pan or griddle pan, put it on a high heat and let it get really hot before cooking. However you decide to cook your sliders, they will want to be cooked on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. If your pan isn’t big enough you may have to cook them in batches. When your sliders are nearly cooked on one side add the rashes of bacon – whichever way you are cooking them then flip the sliders and cook the bacon until golden and crisp. When the sliders are cooked to your liking, halve the brioche buns and warm them through. Put the bacon on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain any extra oil or fat.
When everything comes together pop your sliders on to their buns and add fillings don’t forget to add your spicy mayo.