This Grapefruit & Campari Granita with Mascarpone Cream Recipe is the perfect sweet treat for a hot summers day with delicious in-season raspberries and the fresh flavours of grapefruit.
Grapefruit & Campari Granita with Mascarpone Cream Recipe
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1⁄4 cup Campari
- 250g mascarpone
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) single cream
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g raspberries, to serve
How to make this Grapefruit & Campari Granita with Mascarpone Cream Recipe:
1. Place the sugar and 1 cup of water into a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring, until the sugar is totally dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Add the juice, orange blossom water and Campari to the sugar mixture and mix well to combine. Pour into a 20x30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 6-8 hours, or until completely frozen.
3. Place the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
4. Using a fork, rake the granita into fine crystals and freeze until ready to use. To serve, divide the crystals between glasses. Spoon over the cream and scatter with raspberries to serve.