Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 45 mins
75 g margarine
175 g plain or self raising flour
150 g caster sugar
400 g cooking apples (Braeburn or Granny Smith)
180 g rhubarb bunch
4 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- In a medium bowl, rub the margarine and flour together until mixture resembles fine even breadcrumbs, stir in half of the caster sugar.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Cut ends off the rhubarb then dice into small pieces
- Place prepared fruit into a greased medium pie dish, and sprinkle each layer with the remaining sugar and water
- Pile crumble mixture over the fruit to cover completely
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes until fruit is cooked and the crumble is golden brown