These delicious Ginger Snaps are the ultimate afternoon treat! Perfect for sharing over a cup of tea.
Makes 40 biscuits
2 cups plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
150g butter, room temperature
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup golden syrup
1 egg, room temp
2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Stopping to scrape down the bowl. Add in the vanilla, golden syrup and egg. Mix in the dry ingredients gradually until the dough is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined tray. Press down the tips with a soft finger. Sprinkle with a little raw sugar. Bake in oven for 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack, and allow to crispen before storing in an airtight container.
Note: The dough can be stored in the fridge and cooked after a few days.