In the mood for something sweet? Our Ginger & Hibiscus Flower Strawberries with Vanilla Cream Recipe is the perfect fruit dessert for long summer days.
Ginger & Hibiscus Flower Strawberries with Vanilla Cream Recipe
- 8 leaves gelatine (gold strength)
- 1L single cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 500g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 250g jar hibiscus in syrup 1
- ⁄2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup ginger wine
How to make this Ginger & Hibiscus Flower Strawberries with Vanilla Cream Recipe:
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft, then remove from the water and squeeze out any excess. Place in a bowl, set aside. Place the cream and vanilla seeds into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Add the sugar and gelatine, then whisk until the gelatine is dissolved.
2. Add the orange blossom water, mix well to combine, then pour through a sieve into a large jug. Divide between 6 glasses or bowls and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
3. Combine the strawberries, hibiscus and syrup, ginger and ginger wine in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine. Set aside to macerate for 30 minutes.
4. To serve, spoon the berries over the set cream. Drizzle with any remaining syrup to serve.