Garlic, Marjoram and Lemon Roast Chicken with Pumpkin Panzanella Recipe. Reinvent your roast chicken this week with this delicious take on a traditional favourite.
Garlic, Marjoram and Lemon Roast Chicken with Pumpkin Panzanella Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ⅓ cup olive oil, extra to drizzle
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 small Japanese pumpkin, seeds removed and chopped into wedges
- 4 sprigs marjoram
- 400g sourdough bread, torn
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- 6 anchovy fillets
- parmesan, shaved, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place garlic cloves, marjoram leaves and salt in a mortar and pestle and grind to form a paste. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, freshly ground black pepper, and mix well to combine.
2. Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breasts using your fingers. Being careful not to tear the skin, push half the paste under the skin.
3. Place whole lemon in the cavity of the chicken and truss the legs using chicken string. Drizzle the chicken with extra oil and season with salt. Place in a large roasting tray and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Add pumpkin, marjoram sprigs and sourdough to the pan and drizzle with oil. Roast for a further 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the pumpkin is golden.
5. Combine remaining olive oil and garlic paste with red wine vinegar and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Drizzle over the pumpkin and sourdough and then stir through capers and anchovy fillets. Serve with shaved parmesan. Serve the salad with the garlic, marjoram and lemon roast chicken.