Chermoula Lamb with White Bean Puree & Capsicum Braise. Chermoula, a North African spice blend, gives this lamb dish a fresh and fragrant Morrocan flavour.
Chermoula Lamb with White Bean Puree & Capsicum Braise
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp sweet paprika
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
3 tsp sea salt flakes
4 lamb backstraps
2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup olive oil (extra)
¼ cup lemon juice (extra)
salt and pepper, to season
2 tbsp olive oil (extra)
1 large brown onion, cut into thin wedges
2 red capsicums, seeds removed, thinly sliced
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
rocket leaves, to serve
- Combine oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, coriander, parsley and salt in a large bowl. Add lamb and stir to coat well with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Put beans, ¼ cup oil (extra), lemon juice (extra) and ½ cup warm water in a food processor. Process until a smooth mixture forms. Transfer to a bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a chargrill pan or frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot add 2 backstraps and cook for 3–4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes until medium-rare or cooked to your liking. Transfer to a large plate and cover to keep warm. Cook remaining backstraps. Stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil (extra) in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Add capsicum and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir through olives and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spoon bean mixture onto serving plates. Top with slices of lamb and capsicum braise. Serve with rocket.