We’ve taken one of our favourite salads, and turned it into a main. The homemade basil oil adds a beautiful touch to this light and tasty Summer Caprese Lasagne Recipe.
Summer Caprese Lasagne Recipe
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large lasagne sheets
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, torn
- basil leaves, to serve
- To make basil oil, place basil leaves, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Strain oil through a muslin-lined sieve; discard solids. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and set aside until ready to use.
- To make lasagne, cook lasagne sheets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Place 1 sheet of lasagne on each plate, with one end hanging over the side of the plate.
- Top with some tomato slices and mozzarella, and drizzle with a little basil oil. Fold lasagne sheet over the top of the filling, and repeat with another layer of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil oil. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve.