- 12 diamond shell clams
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cloves of pickled garlic
- Dash of green tabasco sauce
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- A little sea salt to taste
- Crush the garlic cloves with the back of a fork and mix in the softened butter.
- Add the other ingredients and a little salt to taste.
- Place the clams into a pan and cover with a lid. Over a gentle heat cook the clams till they show signs of opening. This makes them easier to shuck.
- Allow to cool enough to handle and using a spoon, pop open each top and dispose of these. Use a knife to release the clam mussel from the shell and lay them out onto a tray.
- Spoon the butter liberally over each clam.
- You can use a grill to gratinate the clams but I prefer to use a chef’s blow torch to scorch the clam and to melt the butter.