This classic vegan Dill & Spring Onion Hash Browns Recipe is the perfect dish for sharing at your next brunch with friends and family.
Dill & Spring Onion Hash Browns Recipe
- 1kg Agria potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped, to serve
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced into rounds, to serve
How to make our Dill & Spring Onion Hash Browns Recipe:
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly. When cool, peel the potatoes.
2. Grate the potato into a large bowl. Add the cornflour and salt and mix well to combine.
3. Draw 2 x 24cm circles on a sheet of baking paper. Divide the potato mixture in half, then press each portion onto the baking paper within the lines, to create 2 round hash browns. Place in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes, or until cold and firm.
4. Heat half the olive oil in a 24cm non-stick frying pan over high heat. Carefully slide one hash brown into the pan and cook for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining oil and hash brown.
5. To serve, scatter the hash browns with the dill and spring onions and cut into large wedges.
TIPS: You can make the potato mixture a day in advance and keep it refrigerated.