Date and Cashew Self-Saucing Puddings. This twist on the old classic adds a nutty and crunchy element, with plenty of butterscotch gooeyness to boot.
Date & Cashew Self-Saucing Puddings
1½ cups self-raising flour
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup milk
60g butter, melted
½ cup dates, chopped
½ cup cashews, toasted, coarsely chopped
1¾ cups boiling water
⅔ cup brown sugar, extra
40g butter, extra
icing sugar, to dust
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 1½ cup-capacity ovenproof dishes or ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, milk and butter in a medium bowl.
- Add dates and cashews to the mixture, stir to combine. Spoon evenly among prepared dishes.
- Combine boiling water, extra brown sugar and extra butter in a jug. Stir until butter melts. Pour over a spoon into the prepared dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top of pudding is cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice-cream.