- Angus Beef Flank Steak 160g
- Glass Noodle 120g
- Coriander, Mint, Perilla Leaf
- Red Onion
- Chilli Lime Dressing 40ml
- Green Coral Lettuce
- Thai Chilli-Jam Dip 80ml
For the chilli lime dressing:
- Garlic crushed 5gm
- Chilli bird eye red 10gm
- Fish sauce 35ml
- Lime juice 50ml
- Sugar 60
- Water 80ml
For the Thai chilli-jam dip:
- Thai roasted chilli pastes 30gm
- Chilli lime dressing 60ml
- Dried shrimp 10gm
- Palm sugar 5gm
- Fish sauce 10ml
- Lime juice 15ml
- Coriander 5gm fine chopped
- Red onion 5gm fine chopped
- Marinate the steak with Thai chilli-jam, salt & pepper, then leave at room temperature about an hour.
- Pan-fry the steak at medium heat on each side for 3 minutes to cook medium (recommended).
- Set aside in a warm place to rest for a few minutes, then slice the steak thinly and serve on a plate.
- Pick the leaves off the fresh herbs, and soak in cold water for a minute, then drain, dry, and set aside.
- Wash and clean green coral lettuce – drain and keep dry.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Mix glass noodles, sliced red onion and fresh herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Dress well with chilli lime dressing.
- Pour Thai chilli jam in a bowl.
- Use the coral lettuce leaves as a wrap, fill with glass noodle salad and sliced beef and dip into the Thai chilli jam dipping.
This recipe is from Luke Nguyen at Fat Noodle.