1 red onion (around 80g)
50ml red wine vinegar
1 tsp hot mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 egg yolk
125ml vegetable oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
4 iceberg lettuce leaves
50g goat milk gouda
2 tbsp flour
5 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 chicken breasts
6 tbsp sunflower oil
4 long slices of crusty bread
8 stems flatleaf parsley
Olive oil for seasoning
- Peel onion and cut into thin rings. Place in ceramic bowl, sprinkle with red wine vinegar and put aside.
- Pour mustard, white wine vinegar and egg yolk into a tall container.
- Mix well with a hand blender. Add oil slowly, moving the hand blender up and down until a creamy mayonnaise is formed. Stir in chilli flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the iceberg lettuce, dry and cut into thin strips. Grate the goat’s cheese.
- Put flour on a plate and season well with salt and pepper. Whisk egg in a deep plate. Put breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. First turn breasts in the flour, then pull through the egg and finally turn in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the chicken breasts on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy, and cooked through.
- Remove and let rest for about 1 minute, then cut them diagonally into thin slices.
- Spread the bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Top with salad, chicken breasts, goat’s cheese, marinated onions and flatleaf parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and a few drops of olive oil.
- Serve immediately.