- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 400g Brussels sprouts, leaves separated
- 400g casarecce pasta (or small-shaped pasta)
- 1 tbsp currants
- 1 small bunch sage leaves, leaves separated
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup vincotto
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Toss the chickpeas and garlic powder together. Add to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until lightly charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 4-6 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, reserving half a cup of pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with reserved cooking water. Add the currants, chickpeas and Brussels sprouts and season well.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. In batches, add the sage and cook for 30 seconds, or until crispy. Add the hazelnuts and take off the heat. Serve the pasta drizzled with vincotto, scattered with sage and hazelnut oil.