Creamed Corn and Crispy Bacon
- 40g butter
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 cobs of corn, kernels removed
- ½ cup light thickened cream
- salt and white pepper
- ⅓ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 250g bacon, rind removed, cut into long strips
How to make this Creamed Corn and Crispy Bacon:
1. Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add corn and ½ cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add cream and simmer for 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Pulse in food processor until just broken up. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley.
2. Heat a chargrill over a medium-high heat. Spray bread with olive oil. Chargrill slices of bread on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
3. Preheat a grill on high. Thread strips of bacon onto metal skewers. Cook under grill for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Spoon creamed corn into small individual bowls or glasses and place onto each serving plate. Serve with bacon and chargrilled bread on the side.