Try the Italian Kitchen and Bar’s Costoletta Milanese.
200g veal cutlet, French trimmed
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs from good quality stale bread
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp parsley, chopped roughly
2 tbsp grated Grana Padano
2 eggs, beaten
100mL extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1. Beat veal cutlet out with a meat mallet until around 7mm thick. Soak veal in milk overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Remove veal from milk and pat dry.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley & Grana.
4. Add veal to beaten egg and then coat with crumb mixture. Rest crumbed veal in fridge for 30 mins.
5. Remove veal from the fridge and allow to dry at room temperature for 30 mins.
6. Heat 90mls olive oil and butter in a large frypan until gently foaming. Add crumbed veal and cook until golden brown on one side.
7. Turn veal and place fry pan in oven until cutlet is golden brown on both sides. Remove the veal from the pan and rest for several minutes.
8. Serve the costoletta medium (pink) dressed with the remaining olive oil and some flaked sea salt and with a wedge of lemon.
9. Serve with sautéed spinach or mushrooms, or perhaps a rocket or radicchio salad.