Cod and Chips with Tartare Sauce Recipe. Use panko breadcrumbs and almonds for a tasty crumbed fish meal. Serve with chunky chips and delicious homemade tartare sauce.
Cod and Chips with Tartare Sauce Recipe: Ingredients
- 4-6 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 4 x 175g pieces blue cod
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 egg whites
- grapeseed oil, for frying
- romaine lettuce and lemon wedges to serve
Tartare Sauce recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine or tarragon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
How to make our Cod and Chips with Tartare Sauce Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut potatoes into chunks. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with stock powder. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pat fish dry with a paper towel. Put flour on a plate. On another plate, mix almonds and breadcrumbs with lemon zest. Whisk eggwhites until foamy. Dip fish into flour, then into eggwhite, then into breadcrumb mix. Chill until ready to cook.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry fish on both sides, until just golden brown. Place in a low oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
4. To make tartare sauce, place egg yolks, mustard, salt and vinegar in a food processor. Whizz until pale, then slowly add oil until it forms a thick emulsion. Fold in remaining ingredients and season to taste.
5. Serve cod with potato wedges, tartare, romaine lettuce and lemon wedges.