Lashings of melted chocolate and mouthwatering espresso flavours, what’s not to love with our favourite Cocoa Espresso Bars Recipe.
Cocoa Espresso Bars Recipe
Makes about 25
- 4 tbsp milk
- 10g (1 tbsp) instant espresso powder
- 200g plain flour
- 70g cornflour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 120g dark couverture chocolate, melted
How to make our Cocoa Espresso Bars Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place the milk in a small saucepan over low heat and heat until warm, then add the espresso powder and stir to dissolve. Allow the milk mixture to cool.
2. Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the plain flour, cornflour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a beater attachment, then beat until creamy and light. Add the egg, beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and milk and stir until a dough is just formed.
3. Transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large 1.4cm star-shaped nozzle. Pipe about 25 x 8cm lengths of dough close to each other onto the tray. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
4. Place the espresso bars on a clean sheet of baking paper, then drizzle with the melted chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.