Chocolate RIP Mousse Pots
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours
Makes: Approx 6 glasses
- 125g dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 6 plain chocolate biscuits, roughly crushed
- Plain biscuits/shortbreads or wafers for headstone
1. Place chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir regularly until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly then mix in egg yolks.
2. Place egg whites into a mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar until all is incorporated and mixture is thick and glossy.
3. Place cream into a mixing bowl and beat until firm peaks have formed.
4. Gradually fold eggwhite mixture into chocolate mix using a large metal spoon. Then fold in whipped cream mixing gently until well combined. Spoon between serving glasses, cover and chill for 2 hrs until set.
5. For serving, sprinkle a layer of chocolate biscuit crumbs on the top and then using the plain biscuits press into mousse to act as a headstone. Decorate with flowers and writing as desired.