This pudding is absolutely decadent and will only take you five minutes to throw together. Jo, the amazing talented lady who has done all the photos for the book, named this dessert her favourite of the entire book. As you can imagine when we shoot the photos for the book we also eat our way through all of the recipes. Yes, that is as much fun as it sounds!
Chocolate & Raspberry Chia Mousse Parfait Recipe
Preparation time 7 minutes
Setting time 3 hours
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 4 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
How to make this Chocolate & Raspberry Chia Mousse Parfait Recipe
1. To make the raspberry layer, place 1 cup of coconut cream, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract in a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and pour into a sealed container. Place in the fridge to set for three hours.
2. To make the chocolate layer, in a bowl place 1 cup of coconut cream, 2 tablespoons of cacao powder, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and combine all the ingredients. Pour into the base of the serving jars that you are going to use. Place in the fridge to set for three hours.
3. Once both of the chia mousses are set, spoon the raspberry flavour on to the top of the chocolate layer and serve.