Treat yourself to these Chocolate Raspberry Baileys Fondants for a tasty after dinner sweet treats
Chocolate Raspberry Baileys Fondants
30g melted butter
8 tsp sugar
170g bittersweet or plain chocolate, coarsely chopped
85g unsalted butter
¼ cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa
¼ cup Baileys liqueur, plus
2 tbsp extra
¼ cup raspberry jam
4 egg whites
⅛ tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ cup cream, whipped fresh raspberries, to serve
- Brush 8 x ½-cup capacity tall dariole moulds or ramekins with melted butter. Spoon 1 teaspoon sugar into each mould and roll to coat. Shake excess sugar from moulds.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a microwave on medium, heat chocolate and butter. Stir often, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and sift in cocoa. Stir in Baileys and raspberry jam until smooth.
- In a clean glass bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Beat until peaks are stiff.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold ¼ of egg whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Fill dariole moulds about ¾ full. Leave on a tray in fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place tray with moulds in centre of oven. Bake until cakes are cracked on top but still gooey in the centre, about 8-9 minutes.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes; cakes will shrink slightly from sides of tin. Place a rack over cakes and invert to unmould. Serve hot with whipped cream mixed with 2 tablespoons Baileys and fresh raspberries.