- 150g butter
- 125g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- ½ quantity cheesecake filling (see master recipe for New York Cheesecake Filling)
- 180g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- Pink food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C conventional. Grease bottom and sides of a 20 x 30cm slice tin. Line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang to make it easier to remove.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl. Stand bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth and melted. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture. Sift in flour and cocoa. Fold until just combined.
- Set aside 1⁄2 cup of the brownie mixture and spoon remaining into prepared tin. Place cheesecake filling and 1⁄2 of the berries in a food processor. Pulse to combine well.
- Place 1⁄2 of the remaining berries in a small bowl of the food processor and puree.
- Stir pureed berries into cheesecake mixture, adding a few drops of pink colour if desired. Spread cheesecake mixture over brownie mixture then dollop over reserved brownie mixture. Gently swirl the top using a palette knife. Scatter with remaining berries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is just set, with a slight wobble.
- Transfer tin to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Chill for 4 hours. Remove from tin carefully using paper to help. Cut into 12 squares and serve.