Put an Asian spin on your next omelette and try our flavoursome Chinese Broccoli & Enokitake Mushroom Omelette Recipe.
Chinese Broccoli & Enokitake Mushroom Omelette Recipe
- 200g Chinese broccoli, flowers trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100g fresh enokitake mushrooms (or use canned golden mushrooms)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup XO sauce
How to make our Chinese Broccoli & Enokitake Mushroom Omelette Recipe
1. Heat a large pot of water with a steamer over the top. Cook broccoli for 2-3 minutes until tender yet still bright green.
2. Combine eggs, milk and chives. Beat with a fork until whites and yolks are blended. Season to taste.
3. Melt butter in a 15-20cm frying pan over medium-high heat. When butter is hot and the bubbles and foam have subsided add broccoli and pour in egg mixture. Shake pan back and forth to cover the base with egg. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until base begins to brown.
4. Place mushrooms and spring onion in a line in the centre of the omelette. Use a fork to roll the edge of the omelette towards the centre, tilting the pan to fold the omelette against the pan wall. Slip onto a warmed plate.
5. Serve with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle over XO sauce.