Sweet, spicy and crunchy, this Chilli, Peanut & Salt Rolled Pickled Cucumbers Recipe is the perfect side for your next Asian feast.
Chilli, Peanut & Salt Rolled Pickled Cucumbers Recipe
- 12 baby cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tbsp salt flakes
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 1⁄4 cup toasted salted peanuts
- 1 tsp crispy fried shallots
How to make our Chilli, Peanut & Salt Rolled Pickled Cucumbers Recipe:
1. Place the cucumbers and salt in a bowl and mix well to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes. Place the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine.
2. Transfer the cucumbers to a large bowl, pour over the vinegar mixture. Cover with baking paper and top with small plate to make sure the cucumbers are immersed in the vinegar mixture. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for up to 2 hours.
3. To serve, remove the cucumbers from the pickling liquid, pat dry. Place the sesame seeds, chilli, peanuts and crispy fried shallots in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
4. Spear each cucumber on a bamboo skewer and roll in the peanut mixture until completely covered.