Chicken Involtini with Creamy Polenta Recipe. This gorgeous dish is a wonderful cure for those weeknight wanderings in the food aisle.
Chicken Involtini with Creamy Polenta Recipe: Ingredients
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 x 300g chicken breast fillets
- 125g thinly sliced hot chilli pancetta
- 2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella, drained and cut into 1cm slices
- 8 sage leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 anchovies, chopped
- ¼ tsp crushed dried chillies
- 700g medley tomatoes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fried sage leaves, to garnish
Creamy Polenta Recipe
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup polenta
- 40g butter
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C (fan-forced). Slice each breast into 2 steaks, then flatten to 1½cm thick between two sheets of baking paper with a meat mallet. Top each steak with pancetta, mozzarella and sage.
2. Roll to enclose and secure with cooking string at intervals. Heat an oiled, non-stick roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Sear chicken, turning regularly, for 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. Remove pan from heat. Quickly add garlic, anchovies and chillies, then cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Return pan to heat. Add tomatoes and wine. Return chicken to pan and place in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tomatoes are collapsing.
4. To make polenta, bring milk and stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Pour polenta in a steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. This will take 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and parmesan. Serve chicken with polenta and tomatoes. Garnish with fried sage leaves.