This Cherry & Chocolate Chunk Muesli Bar Recipe is free of nuts and dairy but contains protein from eggs and good fats from coconut to provide sustaining energy to last through the day.
Cherry & Chocolate Chunk Muesli Bar Recipe
Makes 24 bars
- 1 cup dried dates, chopped
- 2 free-range eggs
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 50g 70 per cent chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra to drizzle on top
How to make our Cherry & Chocolate Chunk Muesli Bar Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20x25cm baking tray with baking paper. Cover dates with boiling water and set aside to soften for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
2. Place dates, eggs and melted coconut oil into a food processor and blend until creamy. Add oats, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of sea salt and blend for 1 minute until combined. Add cherries and chocolate and pulse several times to fold through.
3. Pour mixture into the tin and press down evenly. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove the slice from the tray and drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool on a rack. Once cold, cut into 24 bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Consume within five days.