Charred Pea & Leek Rigatoni with Pistachios Recipe
700g fresh peas
3 leeks, halved lengthways and cut in 3 lengths
40g unsalted butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
3/4 cup double cream
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
1/4 pistachios, chopped, to serve
How to make our Charred Pea & Leek Rigatoni with Pistachios Recipe:
1. Pod 600g of the fresh peas, leaving 100g un-podded. Set all aside for later.
2. Heat a large, non-stick fry pan over high heat. Add the leeks to the dry pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the un-podded peas to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well, reserving in 3/4 cup cooking water.
4. Heat the butter and oil in the pan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and lemon rind, cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta, 1/4 cup of the cream, the parmesan and the reserved cooking water to the pan and toss to coat.
5. Add the leeks and all the peas and toss to coat. Divide between bowls, top with the extra cream, pistachios and pepper to serve.