Looking for your next meat-free meal? Try these tasty Chargrilled Broccoli Steaks with Broccoli Stem Dressing Recipe for a quick and easy vegetarian option.
Chargrilled Broccoli Steaks with Broccoli Stem Dressing Recipe
- 2 broccoli, stems trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush and serve
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olives, chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup smoked eggplant dip
- 1⁄2 cup Greek basil leaves
- Zaatar, to serve
How to make our Chargrilled Broccoli Steaks with Broccoli Stem Dressing Recipe:
1. Cut the trimmed broccoli stems into 1cm pieces. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chilli, garlic and pieces of broccoli stem and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender. Place in a bowl, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, olives and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cut the broccoli into steaks, brush with oil. Working in batches, cook for 4 minutes on each side or until charred and tender.
3. Divide the eggplant dip between plates. Top with the broccoli steaks and the broccoli stem dressing. Sprinkle over the basil leaves and zaatar, and drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
If you don’t want to cut the broccoli into steaks, swap the broccoli for 4 bunches of broccolini. Trim the ends of two bunches for the dressing and grill the bunches whole.