Ceres Organics Superfood Muffins with Coconut Butter Frosting.With delectable lashings of coconut butter frosting and raw cacao, this wheat-free, vegan treat is sure to inspire the weekend baker in all of us.
Makes 12 muffins
For the muffins
4 tablespoons Ceres Organics Ground Chia
2 cups Ceres Organics Oat Flour
1 cup Ceres Organics Almond Meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cups mashed banana
1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Coconut Nectar Syrup
1/4 cup Pacific Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
3/4 cup Ceres Organics Raw Cacao Nibs
1 cup Ceres Organics Dried Wild Blueberries
For the coconut butter frosting
1½ cups Ceres Organics Coconut Butter
½ cup Ceres Organics Coconut Nectar Syrup
2 teaspoons Ceres Organics Vanilla Extract
3-4 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a standard 12 muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Make ‘eggs’ by soaking the ground chia in 12 tablespoons of water for around 10 minutes, until it forms into a gel – this is equivalent to 4 standard eggs.
3. Combine all powder ingredients in a bowl. Add banana, coconut nectar syrup, almond milk and chia eggs, stir to combine. Fold in cacao nibs and blueberries.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Add all frosting ingredients to a food processor and process until super smooth. Allow to set in the fridge for half an hour. When ready, slather over the muffins, lick the frosting bowl and eat the muffins.