This delicious winter-produce inspired Cauliflower Salad with Sweet & Sour Beetroots Recipe is so easy to whip up for lunch or dinner. Packed full of healthy grains, seeds and veggies it’s the perfect meat-free Monday meal.
Cauliflower Salad with Sweet & Sour Beetroots Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 cauliflower, florets sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground fennel
- ½ cup wholegrain freekeh
- 500g sweet and sour beetroots (Click here for recipe)
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
How to make our Cauliflower Salad with Sweet & Sour Beetroots Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray. Place sliced cauliflower florets on lined tray. Drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle with cumin seeds and fennel. Season well. Toss to combine. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, cook freekeh in boiling water following packet directions. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
3. Combine cauliflower, freekeh, halved beetroots, mint, parsley and walnuts in a large bowl. Whisk vinegar, walnut oil and remaining olive oil together. Season. Drizzle over salad and gently toss to combine. Arrange on serving platter to serve.