Topped with date chutney, creamy blue cheese and walnuts, this tasty Bruschetta with Date Chutney is a lovely indulgence after a long day.
Bruschetta with Date Chutney
- 1 cup fresh dates, halved, stones removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp shiraz verjuice or malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 150g creamy blue-vein cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped, toasted
How to make Bruschetta with Date Chutney:
1 Place dates, verjuice or vinegar, sugar and water into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until dates have broken down and become thick. Transfer to a serving bowl and cool.
2 Place toasted sourdough slices onto a serving platter. Serve with date chutney, cheese and walnuts.