The delicate flavours in this Blueberry, Lemon Myrtle & Labne Salad Recipe make for the perfect summer salad.
Blueberry, Lemon Myrtle & Labne Salad Recipe
- 375g pot-set yoghurt
- 1 handful lemon myrtle leaves
- 500ml boiling water
- 1 young celery stalk or thin stalk from middle of a bunch of celery
- 250g blueberries
- 50g activated pecans, sliced (to activate, soak overnight)
- Honey, to drizzle
How to make our Blueberry, Lemon Myrtle & Labne Salad Recipe
1. Line a strainer or fine colander with two layers of muslin (cheesecloth) and spoon in the yoghurt. Suspend the lined strainer over a large bowl in the refrigerator overnight to strain the whey. The labne is the solids left in the muslin.
2. Bruise lemon myrtle leaves by holding in your hand and clenching your fist a few times. Put in a teapot and pour over boiling water. Allow to steep for 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Strain and discard leaves.
3. Evenly shave celery very thinly into 4 serving bowls.
4. Add blueberries and pecans to each bowl and stir to combine. Evenly pour tea into bowls and dollop each with a tablespoon of the labne.
5. Drizzle with honey and serve.