Cajun Chargrilled Beef Rump Steak with Grilled Corn, Sweet Potato Wedges and Red Cabbage Slaw. Create these tasty cajun beef steaks for dinner and whip up the leftovers into wraps for your lunchbox the next day.
Serves 4 (plus leftovers) | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
6 x 150g beef rump steaks, trimmed of fat
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp (or to taste) cajun seasoning*
3 corn cobs, cleaned and halved
red cabbage, finely sliced
bunch chives, cut into 5cm lengths
3 tsp white wine vinegar
1. Take the beef out of the fridge to allow it to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Toss the sweet potato wedges in 1 tbsp of the oil and spread on a lined baking tray. Cook for 40 minutes or until soft and coloured.
3. Rub the beef steaks with the cajun seasoning and cook on high on a barbecue or chargrill pan until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Brush the corn cobs with 1 tbsp of the oil and cook on a medium heat on a barbecue or chargrill pan for 10 minutes, turning regularly until evenly coloured.
5. Place the cabbage, chives, vinegar and the remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine.
6. Serve the beef steaks with grilled corn, sweet potato wedges and cabbage slaw.
* For a milder chilli hit, use less cajun seasoning or for no chilli, substitute with a steak seasoning blend.
Turn leftovers into lunch: Cajun chargrilled beef wraps
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 5 minutes
Chop the leftover beef and place in a soft wholegrain wrap with grated carrot, sliced cheddar, mashed avocado and shredded iceberg lettuce. Top with some BBQ sauce and roll tightly.