Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 x packet Bean Supreme Wholefood Mince
- 500g dried or fresh pasta
- White onion, diced
- Garlic, one clove crushed
- Fresh or dried herbs
- Smoked paprika
- Tinned crushed tomatoes
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add your favourite pasta to the pot and cook as instructed for 8-12 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, preheat medium fry pan with 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Sauté off one diced white onion and one crushed clove of fresh garlic. You can also add grated carrot if you want to add even more veges to the mix.
- Add one packet of wholefood mince and sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add 1 tsp smoked paprika and add your favourite dried or fresh Italian herbs such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, sage. Sauté for 1 minute. For a little heat add in a pinch of chilli flakes or to make it extra special add 2 x tsp of basil pesto.
- Add one tin of crushed or chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice some fresh cherry tomatoes in half and sauté in the sauce for a further 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl with fresh basil and parmesan sprinkled on top.
This bolognese sauce can also be perfectly used as a mince sauce for a plant-based lasagne or moussaka.