600g baby squid, cleaned with tentacles reserved, cut into 8mm thick slices
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 red capsicums, roasted until skins blacken and blister, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
60g ligurian or other small black olives
6 anchovy fillets
1. Place squid, olive oil, paprika and chilli powder in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Grill squid for 45 seconds on each side or until just opaque.
2. Add capsicum, watercress, tomatoes, olives and anchovies to squid. Season to taste and toss gently to combine.
3. Divide salad among shallow bowls. Drizzle with Romesco Sauce and serve.
For the Romesco Sauce
4 dried red chillies
300ml olive oil
6 cloves crushed garlic
50g almonds, roughly chopped
40g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
4 slices white bread, cubed
200ml tomato juice
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
pinch smoked paprika
1. Soak chillies in boiling water. Drain, remove seeds, and chop. Heat a little of the olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and nuts and sauté until golden. Let cool.
2. Add a little more of the olive oil to a pan. Add bread and cook until golden brown on all sides. Let cool.
3. Blend garlic, nuts, bread and remaining ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.