Baked Lamb Meatballs with Pasta recipe. Put a Mediterranean twist on your next meatball dish with this delicious recipe that includes olives, feta, fresh oregano and tasty lamb mince.
Baked Lamb Meatballs with Pasta recipe ingredients:
- 800g lamb mince
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- ½ onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra to drizzle
- 800g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1½ cups black olives
- 200g feta cheese, sliced lengthways
- 300g dried orzo pasta
- oregano leaves, fried, to garnish
Baked Lamb Meatballs with Pasta recipe Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place lamb in a large bowl, mix in garlic and onion and season to taste. Take spoonfuls of the mince and mould into meatballs. Roll meatballs in a little flour. Place in a deep baking dish and drizzle over olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes until browned.
Add tomatoes, oregano, lemon rind and olives to the baking dish.
Top with feta slices and drizzle with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until feta is golden.
Meanwhile, cook orzo in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 11 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Divide pasta and baked meatballs between serving plates and top with fried oregano leaves and serve.